The Ice Age Explorer program is intended to provide a hands-on experience in
different areas of paleontology encompassed by our site. These include:
- Excavation and preservation in the Bonebed
- Fossil preparation in the Dr. Paul Wittenberg Prep Lab
- Screenwashing sediments for microfossils
- Picking sediments for microfossils
Our goal at The Mammoth Site is to preserve and protect our site for future generations of researchers, visitors, and Explorers alike. Your participation in this program will make a critical contribution to the ongoing research and preservation of the site.
Dates for the 2023 program:
Week 1: Arrive June 4 – Depart June 10 (Dig week is June 5th – 9th)
Week 2: Arrive June 11 – Depart June 17 (Dig week is June 12th – June 16th)
Week 3: Arrive June 18 – Depart June 24 ( Dig week is June 19th – June 23rd)
Week 4: Arrive 25 – Depart July 1 (Dig week is June 26 – June 30th)
Dig – $750.00 per week
Hotel option – $600 per week (additional)
Dinner option – $150 per week (additional)
- The total cost for a one-week program with the hotel and dinner option is $1,500.00.
- Lunch will be provided Monday-Friday each week the participant is here. You are responsible for your lunch and dinner on the weekends.
- Dig weeks are Monday to Friday. Weekends allow you to explore the hills on your own.
- A 10% deposit is required, refundable if canceled by May 15th.
Please reach out to Administrative Assistant, Maya Benford by calling (605) 745-6017 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Ice Age Explorers Program or to sign up today!